An introduction to the LDF
Thank you for visiting, we appreciate your interest in the work we do at the Line Dance Foundation and hope this site answers any questions you might have.
The LDF is charity that provides a way for the Line dance community to give practical and financial support to people who earn their living – or part of their living – through Line dance and now find themselves in need or distress.
By pulling together for the Line Dance Foundation we have been able to help many people who have faced difficult and challenging circumstances.
Take a look at how well LDF DAY 2016 went by clicking here.
If you'd like to help the LDF with a donation, please CLICK HERE.
One small act of kindness is worth more
than the greatest of intentions
Each £5 donation buys a raffle ticket and the prize is a WEEKEND FOR TWO at the 22nd CRYSTAL BOOT AWARDS in January 2018. But, more importantly, you would be helping to change someone's life.
Please 'like' when you've donated. Thank you so much for your support.
The Line Dance Foundation (LDF) was founded in 2007 by Betty Drummond of Linedancer Magazine with the aim of establishing a charity to support those people involved the Line dance business who found themselves in difficult circumstances through illness, accident or other distressing circumstances which affected their ability to work and earn a living.
We help anyone who is involved in Line dance on a profession basis be that part-time or full time, anywhere in the world and in any capacity be it Choreographer, Instructor, Performer, DJ or Event Organiser.
Details of the donations we make to beneficiaries are kept completely confidentiality. However, sometimes beneficiaries are happy to let it be known they have needed and received help but disclosure will never come from the LDF.
If you know someone you think needs our help then making an application is easy. Simply CLICK HERE to get a Grant Application underway.
If you would like to make a donation direct to our UK bank, here are our details:
Account name: Line Dance Foundation
Sort Code: 20 - 80 - 33
Account: 03 993 086
For international transfers:
IBAN: GB86 BARC 2080 3303 9930 86
SWIFTBIC CODE: BARCGB22
Registered charity no. 1164708
as defined in the Articles of Association under the terms of the Companies Act 2006
• To assist in the treatment and care of persons (and their dependants) who wholly or mainly make their living working in the line dancing industry and who are suffering from illness of any description or who are in need of rehabilitation as a result of such illness and by providing financial and other forms of support.
• To relieve poverty or financial hardship among persons who wholly or mainly make their living working in the line dancing industry and their dependants by providing financial and other forms of support.
• For the public benefit to promote the education and training of people in subjects relating to dance and the performing arts in such ways as the Trustees think fit, including by awarding to such persons scholarships, maintenance allowances or grants tenable at any university, college or institutions of higher or further education.
• The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation in particular by the provision of facilities and the organisation of opportunities for participation in line dancing.
• For the public benefit, such other charitable purpose or purposes according to the law of England and Wales as the Trustees shall in their absolute discretion determine from time to time.
This provision may be amended by special resolution but only with the prior written consent of the Charity Commission.
Use this safe and link to make a donation to the LDF. You don't need to have a PayPal account to contribute.
We are proud of our
ever-growing army of
LDF Ambassadors who tirelessly work for the good of other dancers.
Download our PDF that you can print and post on your notice board, hand out at your class or social event.
Our largest supporter is Linedancer … who has been the major driving force behind the creation of the Foundation.
If you're running an event in support of the LDF, here are some useful artwork elements that you are free to use.
The latest LDF Dance has been lovingly choreographed by Michelle Risley to the track, 'Don’t Go' performed by our friends, Tim Redmond and Natalie Thurlow. The expert production of the music is by another LDF friend, Rick Guard. Our video combines dancers from all around the globe.
The annual song and dance combo this year was presented by Dave Sheriff performing his song, 'Blackpool By The Sea' to the dance of the same name beautifully choreographed by Gaye Teather. Take a look at the dancers from around the world who have enjoyed themselves.
Welcome to 'Coffee Time Samba'. For 2015 the music was provided by OGR (The Outrageous Glenn Rogers) and the dance was choreographed by Ria Vos.
“I didn't realise this was available until I was informed by another instructor who was covering my classes during my hip operation recovery; they nominated me for a grant and this has been a great help.”
“I will be eternally grateful to the LDF who helped me through a traumatic and life threatening time in my life. Their kindness will never be forgotten.”
“Thank you LDF for the generous donation following our house fire. The money will help to ensure that we have the best possible aftercare for our son and, hopefully, a Disney trip too!”