As defined in the Articles of Association under the terms of the Companies Act 2006, the LDF exists to:-
• To assist in the treatment and care of persons (and their dependants) who wholly or mainly make their living working in the line dancing industry and who are suffering from illness of any description or who are in need of rehabilitation as a result of such illness and by providing financial and other forms of support.
• To relieve poverty or financial hardship among persons who wholly or mainly make their living working in the line dancing industry and their dependants by providing financial and other forms of support.
• For the public benefit to promote the education and training of people in subjects relating to dance and the performing arts in such ways as the Trustees think fit, including by awarding to such persons scholarships, maintenance allowances or grants tenable at any university, college or institutions of higher or further education.
• The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation in particular by the provision of facilities and the organisation of opportunities for participation in line dancing.
• For the public benefit, such other charitable purpose or purposes according to the law of England and Wales as the Trustees shall in their absolute discretion determine from time to time.
This provision may be amended by special resolution
but only with the prior written consent of the Charity Commission.
THE LINE DANCE FOUNDATION
The LDF was established in 2007 by Betty Drummond of Linedancer Magazine.
The purpose was to provide support for people unable to earn a living either through illness,
accident or other difficult circumstances.
With the encouragement and support of the line dance community
the Foundation subsequently became a Registered Charity operating on an international level.
It now has a dedicated network of Officers and Ambassadors
who all serve the Foundation on a voluntary basis.